Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me (1991)

Religious bloggers with wish lists that ask for material goods non-stop make me uneasy. Sorry, but they do. It's not a good witness for the faith, for unbelievers, in my experience. And the unbelievers are who Jesus came to seek and save. So how they view the believer, matters, a lot. They(we) are the real treasure to be sought, in God's eyes. That's why He gave us His only begotten Son, to die for  us.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you are not very, very poor and getting no socialist help. Do not judge. Some of us eat one meal a day to get by...do not judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Perhaps you are not very, very poor and getting no socialist help"

    Or perhaps I have been under the threat of losing my roof for nearly a year and have twice (God forgive me) contemplated chucking the towel in?
    I am in a marginally better place, just for today.

    I do not object to people who are genuinely poor, seeking assistance. I am talking about those who ask for expensive items on a regular basis, almost like the letters we used to write to Santa(well, we did in the UK).

    Also, while I'm on a rant, I'm not at all keen on religious allowing advertisements on their blogs. One priest's blog is constantly promoting the Mormon Faith, also a Catholic journalist and writers blog has the same constant flow of Mormon adverts, I believe these bring money to the bloggers involved, but what of the person seeking God, who sees the advert and assumes it's kosher Catholic stuff?!

    The priest's blog also had a moving advert of whiskey being poured into a glass! I don't tend to put these blogs on my sidebar, even if I do read them, as I don't want to lead others down the wrong path, intentionally.




    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Shadowland. Good call!

    ReplyDelete